Connect with us

Dallas Stars

Stars Re-Sign Jason Dickinson

Published

on

The Dallas Star have re-signed restricted free agent forward Jason Dickinson to a one-year $875K salary.

Dickinson, 23,  was not eligible for salary arbitration and will now get a solid opportunity to earn a full-time role with the team in training camp.

Dickinson will still be a restricted free agent when the deal expires.

Continue Reading

Dallas Stars

Stars Acquire Connor Carrick from Maple Leafs

Published

on

The Dallas Stars have acquired defenseman Connor Carrick from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a conditional seventh-round draft pick in the 2019 NHL draft, both teams announced on Monday.

The draft pick can become a sixth-rounder should Carrick play in more than 50 games for the Stars this season.

Continue Reading

Dallas Stars

Stars, Tyler Seguin Agree to Contract Extension

Published

on

The Dallas Stars and center Tyler Seguin have agreed to terms on an eight-year contract extension worth $78.8 million, according to a team announcement on Thursday.

Seguin’s new deal carries an average annual value of $9.85 million and kicks in for the 2019-2020 season, he currently has one more year on his current contract at $5.75 million, and his new deal will make him the highest player on the team.

“I’m thrilled to have this signed going into the season,” Seguin said, according to the Stars’ website. “Dallas has become home to me and I love this organization. In my time over the last five years with Tom Gaglardi and Jim Nill, it is clear how bad they want to win and have a model franchise. To be a part of that leadership group for the next nine seasons is an honor, and I can’t wait to get this season started with my teammates.”

 

Continue Reading

Dallas Stars

Stars Looking to Sign Tyler Seguin To Extension Next Summer

Published

on

The Dallas Stars are looking towards next summer as the time to work out a long-term contract extension with Tyler Seguin, who is entering the final year of his current six-year, $34.5-million contract.

Seguin, 26, was eligible to ink a new deal on July 1st.

“I hope so,” Stars general manager Jim Nill said, according to Stars team reporter Mark Stepneski. “But I think I have mentioned from Day 1 that I don’t want people to panic if he is not signed when the season starts.

“I think the biggest thing is we need to have a good season – get off to a good start. I hope he is signed by then, but I know if he isn’t, we’ll get a good year out of him and go from there. But like I said, I am hopeful we can get it done. We’ll have to see.”

Seguin had a solid season last year for the Stars, posting a team-leading 40 goals, to go along with 78 points, which was second on the team.

“There are a lot of different things that go into this. There are signing bonuses, lockout protections,” Nill added. “There are a lot of different angles to these negotiations that come into play. We’re just continuing the dialogue and going from there.”

Continue Reading

Trending