Toronto Maple Leafs star Auston Matthews continues to grow in popularity among NHL fans, as the 20-year old had the top-selling jersey among NHL players for the 2017-18 season.
Matthews, who finished 4th in jersey sales for 2016-2017, topped last year’s top-seller, Pittsburgh Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby.
Toronto’s participation in an outdoor stadium series game against the Washington Capitals certainly contributed to his accomplishment, as Matthews was the featured player on the specially designed road sweaters and, historically, outdoor games typically increase the sales of jerseys for players who participate in them.
Top-selling NHL jerseys:
1. Auston Matthews, Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Sidney Crosby, Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
4. Marc-Andre Fleury, Vegas Golden Knights
5. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers
6. Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals
7. Mats Zuccarello, New York Rangers
8. Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
9. Jonathan Toews, Chicago Blackhawks
10. Vladimir Tarasenko, St. Louis Blues
11. Patrice Bergeron, Boston Bruins
12. T.J. Oshie, Washington Capitals
13. Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
14. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning
15. Evgeni Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins